Wednesday, March 18, 2020

The Royal Enfield Trials



So last year Royal Enfield launched a new varient of the Bullet 500 and 350 the Trials edition. The bike was more or less just a nod to the past with some edits to the the existing Bullet into a trails edition very much like the bike Johnny Brittain rode to victory back in the day. 


The fun part of the launch was that Royal Enfield brought down an actual Trails rider to teach us how to enjoy the sport. They put together a small course with three stages and we rode it and competed against each other. 




Stage 1
The stages were not long but they are full of all sorts of fun bits and bobs. Stage 1 it had a tricky last sandy turn which I totally botched up coming into and I thought I would stall the bike (you can hear the engine in the video I almost killed the engine). That’s the worst a stall is 5 points and that is just a nono. I ended putting my foot down at one spot because I felt I would end up dropping the bike (also 5 points) and ended up snagging one point for it. 















Stage 2
Stage two was the toughie. I got to see many many people go up and not make it up without a dab or make it up at all. It was uphill and one side was sandy and not so steep while the other side was more firm but steeper and more packed. By the time I had my go most of the other teams had torn up the field but no one had made it to the top without without gaining a point or five. Until I got my turn and it seemed I found the line eveyone had been looking for all morning. 




























Stage 3
Stage 3 was longer with elevation changes and clayey muddy green bits. There was a moment before the descend I felt my leg was going to go down but I made it through in one piece without picking up points.



Stage 4
Stage 4 was just a race around a track for the best time. 









 


Such a fun way to spend a day playing with a motorcycle. Royal Enfield really has learned how to host fun events for the launch of their motorcycles. 

What was the icing on the cake was it turned out that Royal Enfield was actually taking down all the points and all us media monkeys were competing with each other and there was a trophy waiting the winner at the end of the day. 

Whats even funnier was that the winner for the days trails event was me...







9 comments:

  1. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    Kevlar motorcycle gloves
    Kevlar motorcycle shirts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.
    womens motorcycle jeans
    motorcycle safety gear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Royal Enfield Meteor 350, a cruiser motorcycle that replaces RE Thunderbird 350X, has been launched in India. If you want to know about Royal Enfield Meteor 350 price in India, then you are at right place. Read full article visit here: Royal Enfield Meteor 350 launched

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great details here, better yet to discover out your blog which is fantastic. Nicely done!!! For more visit motorcycle riding boots India

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s really great information for becoming a better Blogger. Keep sharing, Thanks. For more details to visit bike riding full kit price

    ReplyDelete


  8. Thank you for this helpful blog , i found this very helpful.
    Learn Web desidning and digital marketing for free from the professionals by just visiting the links. This offer is valid for a limited period so hurry up now visit the link to know more about the digital marketing, SEO , Web designing etc

    Top SEO Company in India
    Best SEO Company in India
    Top SEO Company in Delhi
    Best SEO Company in India
    Affordable SEO Company in India

    ReplyDelete
  9. As you mentioned, the post has an instructive perspective. It's also useful for a certain purpose. Thank you for writing this article. Please take a look at some useful links for a cab ride.


    taxi service in rishikesh
    Bharat Taxi

    ReplyDelete